HoverSpot Terms of Service
Welcome to HoverSpot, an online network that allows members to express themselves by publishing (hereinafter "posting" ) a personal profile web page, photos, blogs, and by posting comments on the web pages, photos and blogs of other members. The HoverSpot ("HoverSpot") service is operated by Centrya, Inc. By using the HoverSpot web site (the "Web site") you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service (this "Agreement"). If you wish to become a Member and communicate with other Members and make use of the HoverSpot service (the "Service"), read these Terms of Service and indicate your acceptance of them by following the instructions in the Sign Up process.
Much of the information you post on HoverSpot or provide to other Members can be accessed by the general public. Use caution in determining what information you post. Your may not include any of the following items in your HoverSpot profile: telephone numbers, street addresses, last names. Photographs that you post may not contain nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter. Information provided by other Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate or offensive material, products or services and HoverSpot assumes no responsibility or liability for this material.
HoverSpot reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including email) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Web site and/or Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
By participating in any offline HoverSpot event, you agree to release and hold HoverSpot harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, either directly or indirectly related to or arising from your participation in any such offline HoverSpot event.
- Eligibility. You must be fourteen or over to register as a member of HoverSpot or use the Web site. Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. By using the Web site and the Service, you represent and warrant that all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information. You further represent and warrant that you are 14 years of age or older, that your use of the HoverSpot shall not violate any applicable law or regulation and that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Your profile may be deleted without warning, if it is found that you are misrepresenting your age. Your Membership is solely for your personal use, and you shall not authorize others to use your account, including your profile or email address. You are solely responsible for all Content published or displayed through your account, including any email messages, and for your interactions with other members.
- Non Commercial Use by Members. The Web site is for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of HoverSpot. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become Members and should not use the Service or the Web site for any purpose not authorized in writing by HoverSpot. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Web site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Web site will be investigated. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from member profiles without notice and may result in termination of membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken by HoverSpot for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Web site.
- Proprietary Rights in Content on HoverSpot. HoverSpot owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Web site and the Service. The Web site contains copyrighted material, trademarks, servicemarks and other proprietary information of HoverSpot and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
- Content Posted on the Site.
- You understand and agree that HoverSpot may review and delete any content, messages, photos or profiles (collectively, "Content") that in the sole judgment of HoverSpot violate this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any Member.
You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display, or post on the Service or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
- By posting any Content to the public areas of HoverSpot, you hereby grant to HoverSpot the irrevocable, perpetual. non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, display and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
- You represent and warrant that:
- you own the Content posted by you on the Web site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and
your Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, or other intellectual property rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties and fees owing any person by reason of any Content you post on the Web site.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Web site. HoverSpot reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes Content that:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; or
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- for band profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive content intended to draw traffic to the profile.
Even though all of this is strictly prohibited, there is a small chance that You might become exposed to such items and You further waive Your right to any damages (from any party) related to such exposure.
You must use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- You may not include in your Member profile any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses.
- You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the Service. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. Although HoverSpot cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Web site, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, HoverSpot reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which HoverSpot deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
- You may not cover or obscure the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any HoverSpot page via HTML/CSS or any other means.
- Any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add buddies, or to register users is prohibited.
- You may not attempt to impersonate another user or person who is not a member of HoverSpot.
- You may not use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time nor may you disclose your password to any third party or permit any third party to access your account. m. You may not sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- You may not threaten any member or Centrya, Inc/HoverSpot.com and its web properties at any time.
Copyright Policy. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of HoverSpot to terminate membership privileges of any member who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to HoverSpot by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web site; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. HoverSpot's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached at the following link: Attn: Copyright Agent, Centrya, Inc.
Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other HoverSpot Members. HoverSpot, Inc. reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
Disclaimers. HoverSpot is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Web site or in connection with the Service provided, whether caused by users of the Web site, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service. HoverSpot is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Web site or Member of the Service. HoverSpot assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any user or Member communication. HoverSpot is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Web site and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances shall HoverSpot be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Web site or the Service or from any Content posted on the Web site or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between users of the Web site, whether online or offline. The Web site and the Service are provided "AS-IS" and HoverSpot expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. HoverSpot cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Web site and/or the Service.
Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL HOVERSPOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVICE, EVEN IF HOVERSPOT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, HOVERSPOT'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO HOVERSPOT FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
- U.S. Export Controls. Software from this Web site (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Web site or otherwise exported or re-exported
- into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other Country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or
- to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the Web site and/or the Service, by using the Web site, you agree that any dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of NewYork without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of the State of New York.
Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold HoverSpot, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
No Agency. There is no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship between HoverSpot and any User of the Service.
Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Web site and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member of the Service. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and HoverSpot regarding the use of the Web site and/or the Service. The failure of HoverSpot to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement. HoverSpot is a servicemark of Centrya, Inc.. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.